Futureversity believes all young people have the potential to be extraordinary. We provide free courses and activities for 11-25 year olds to help them develop the skills and self-belief they need to make the most of their lives. Our programmes have been proven to raise aspirations, reduce youth crime, break down racial tensions and get unemployed young people off benefits and into work.
Previously known as Tower Hamlets Summer University, we changed our name in 2010 to reflect our growing network outside the borough. We continue to run our core activities from Tower Hamlets (most are open to young people from across the capital) and also roll out our summer programme to other London boroughs.
Our core activities
- We partner with businesses to give young people real experience of the world of work through introductory courses, seminars, apprenticeships, internships and mentoring.
- We get over 61 per cent of the unemployed young people who enrol on our Job Ready employability programme into sustained employment or training within six months of completion.
- We run over 150 inspiring summer courses in Tower Hamlets (and many more in other boroughs), in subjects as diverse as Investment Banking to Animation, giving 11-25 year olds something productive to do during their summer holiday.
- We deliver accredited volunteer schemes for young people, encouraging them to take responsibility, use their initiative and gain team leadership experience.
- We produce popular online youth magazine, FV1, providing a stimulating after-hours activity for 16-25 year olds where they can develop their writing skills and get their work published.
Watch our short film
Read 'Our Work' booklet